Don’t let a DUI conviction be the wrecking ball that destroys your life – the consequences can be catastrophic and long-lasting. Seeking legal counsel is advisable when facing a DUI charge, as handling it alone can be overwhelming. For a DUI offense, regardless of whether or not it is a first-offense DUI, you could encounter several consequences, including the following:
- The possibility of incarceration,
- Fines and court costs,
- License suspension,
- Ignition interlock device,
- Community service hours,
- Mandatory drug and alcohol programs or treatment,
- Vehicle impoundment and more.
In addition to the initial consequences, a DUI conviction may have lasting effects. Some potential consequences include higher insurance costs, unemployment, and reduced job prospects.
What To Do If You Got Arrested For DUI In Utah
The first thing you must do if you get arrested for a DUI is request a hearing with the Utah Driver’s License Division. In Utah, the time frame for requesting a hearing is limited to 10 days. Failure to request a hearing will result in automatic suspension of your license 30 days after receiving your DUI.
To increase the likelihood of a positive outcome, we suggest you speak with us. We have a proven history of reducing or getting charges dismissed. As DUI conviction attorneys, we specialize in DUI cases and know how to navigate the criminal justice system, making it easier for us to achieve the best possible outcome in our clients’ cases.
Melton Law Provides Skilled DUI Criminal Defense Services
When most people think of DUI cases, they usually think that someone was driving drunk. However, in Utah, there are other types of DUI charges someone could be arrested for, including:
- DUI with Drugs: Drugged driving is a serious offense with hefty penalties. If you’ve been charged with DUI while under the influence of drugs, even marijuana, it’s vital to seek legal counsel immediately. As marijuana DUI attorneys, we understand the intricacies of the drugged driving law in Utah and will fight for your rights.
- Boating Under the Influence (BUI): Operating a motorized watercraft while intoxicated is a criminal offense. The penalties for this charge are like those of a DUI, so it’s important to contact an experienced DUI defense attorney immediately.
We understand the legal and financial consequences of a DUI and are here to help you fight your charges and will work hard to get you the best possible resolution to your case.
What To Expect When Fighting DUI Charges In Utah
Winning a legal case against DUI charges requires understanding that it is a process that cannot be resolved in a single day. Successfully disputing DUI charges involves a significant investment of time and patience.
The following tasks will require time for completion by your attorney:
- Review the facts of your case,
- Examine all evidence presented by the prosecution.
- Engage in discussions with prosecutors to achieve a favorable result.
- Develop a defense strategy that is most effective for your specific circumstances.
Let our team of top-notch DUI attorneys at Melton Law fight for your rights and secure you the ultimate victory in your case. We know that your future hangs in the balance, and we’re prepared to go the extra mile to minimize your charges or even get them thrown out altogether. We understand that no two cases are the same, so we’ll tailor our strategy to fit your one-of-a-kind circumstance.
Why Hire Melton Law?
At Melton Law, our lawyers have in-depth knowledge of Utah DUI laws and how they apply to your case. We understand how daunting the legal system can be, and we’ll take the time to explain each step of the process and answer your questions.
Our mission is to keep you in the loop every step of the way. At Melton Law, we’re here to guide you through the ins and outs of a DUI and your case. We want you to feel informed and confident so you can move forward from this setback.
So, if you have any burning questions about your case, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. And don’t let finances hold you back from getting the help you need; we offer payment plans to make it easier to access our services.
Don’t Wait – Contact Us Today
Don’t let a DUI ruin your life – it can bring havoc on your job, family, and every aspect of your daily routine. It is important to hire an effective DUI attorney to assist with the process. To learn more about the services our DUI criminal defense lawyers offer, we recommend scheduling a case evaluation. To reach our office in Taylorsville, UT, please call (801) 769-0057.